- Karplus, Valerie J., Xingyao Shen, Da Zhang*. Explaining variation in firm compliance behavior under a large-scale Chinese energy efficiency program. In preparation for submission, the Energy Journal. LINK
- Karplus, Valerie J., Yasheng Huang, Da Zhang*. State Control as a Substitute for Environmental Regulation? Evidence from Chinese Cities. In preparation for submission, Journal of Urban Economics. LINK
- Filippini, Massimo, Thomas Geissmann, Valerie J. Karplus, Da Zhang. A Green Bargain? The Impact of an Energy Saving Program on Productivity Growth in China’s Iron and Steel Industry. MIT Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research Working Paper 2017-005. LINK
- Management and energy efficiency in a Chinese manufacturing cluster (with Valerie J. Karplus).
- Management and Productivity in Chinese Firms (with Valerie J. Karplus and Thomas Geissmann).
- Grid-connected potential of China’s wind and solar energy (with Michael R. Davidson, Xi Lu and Valerie J. Karplus).
- Vehicle usage and fuel efficiency: Evidence from a large data set of Chinese private car drivers (with Shaojun Zhang, Ye Wu, and et al.).
- Demographic Change, the One-Child Policy, and Climate Change Mitigation in China (with Sebastian Rausch).
- Integrated assessment of alternative national emissions market designs in China (with Xiliang Zhang, Shuxiao Wang, and et al.).